The Radiated Society

Nothing lasts forever, but war never changes.
It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:54 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mission Statement
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:38 am 
Living Legend

Welcome to 'The Radiated Society Archive Room', here we strive to preserve the threads of the past in their original form, unedited or censored. 1

Once a topic has become inactive for a period of four (4) years 2 (based on the date of the final post made - see grave digging below) it will be moved into 'The Archive' for preservation and storage. The preservation process is detailed below. 3

This process has been developed to help keep our community clean and safe, as well as to encourage the creation of new threads to replace the old. Once a thread has been moved into 'The Archive' it may not be removed, however new threads can be created in their place when necessary, or relevant.

Grave digging a thread once it has become inactive (defined in this context as having no posts or activity for more than two (2) continuous years) in an attempt to keep it from being moved to 'The Archive' will result in all grave dig posts being removed and the thread will be immediately moved to 'The Archive' to preserve its original form.

We hope to keep these threads and topics preserved and available to the public and historians a like for many years to come. Any comments or questions should be directed to the Board Administrator/Senior Council Member or his/her Representative(s).

The Second goal of this project is to try and drive up activity by giving members the incentive to go back and look through old threads and start new threads based on the topics that they find. Look to this example thread to see how this can be implemented.

1 Edits or censorship that may be found within were, in most instances, made at the time the topics where active.
2 With exception to Regulatory and informational threads or topics. The Radstock Room, T.R.S. Government Room, T.R.S. Election Amphitheater, Honorary Members Committee, Rules & Regulations.
3 Topics are carefully and skillfully removed from their original forum room and placed into a 'Freshness Preservation Unit' TM and then carefully shelved in our patented preservation bunker. Topics can be expected to last for many generations, barring any acts of nature or catastrophic systems failure.

'The Archive'TM is a Registered Trademark of The Radiated Society Preservation Committee, part of The Radiated Society Group, all Rights Reserved.

Post subject: Re: Mission Statement
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:32 am 
Living Legend

The Preservation Committee is pleased to announce an update to it's guidelines!

As of April 2014 the Committee has started to build new facilities to house the Creative Rooms of the forum. These new facilities are state of the art and capable of preserving the high quality works found in the Creative Rooms from almost all types of detrimental conditions.

We are also pleased to announce that the Radio Show will be the first Creative Room to find a new home in the new Preservation Facilities!

The Library, Halls of Art & Sketch Club will be moved as their respective facilities are completed. Thank you for your patience as this process is a slow one.

As we work to finish the new facilities we encourage members to stop by and take a look at the completed areas.

'The Archive'TM is a Registered Trademark of The Radiated Society Preservation Committee, part of The Radiated Society Group, all Rights Reserved.

Post subject: Re: Mission Statement
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:28 pm 
Board Admin

Awesome. :D

Fear contended with desire.

Agued once like me were they,
But I like them shall win my way
Lastly to the bed of mould
Where there's neither heat nor cold.

But from my grave across my brow
Plays no wind of healing now,
And fire and ice within me fight
Beneath the suffocating night.
- A.E. Housman

~*~

A TRS Christmas - 2007 wrote:
PK: So let me get this straight. Some guy was able to make a yearly tradition out of getting action underneath a weed?
Zed: The man was a genius!
Arcy: We need to bring back this tradition!
Icey: You're all going to burn in hell!